Reading parameters of a Macromedia Flash (SWF) file using ASP
The way I use this is as follows:
astfilename = "c:\myflashfile.swf"
<!--#include file="swfparser.asp" -->
After I've done this, I will have access to the following variables:
- strFilepath : which should be the same as astfilename
- isFlash : a boolean variable
- intVersion : what version of Flash
- swfwidth : the width of the Flash
- swfheight : the height of the Flash
This code can also be expanded to grab some addiitional information such as frame rate.
Some time after I created this article I came across another site who created a VBScript class to accomplish the same task. Check out this user tip on 4guysfromrolla.com.