SOAP Request Parameter Order Can Make a Difference
I built a SOAP request that wasn't working. It took about an hour or so to discover that it wasn't working due to parameter order. It's best to put the parameters in the same order that's in the WSDL. What was also interesting was that the element names that I used in the SOAP request actually didn't make a difference. It was specifically checking the order.
A third party built the web service in Java but I'm not sure which SOAP engine they're using or how it was developed. In any case, it's just something to keep in mind if your call isn't working and it looks like it should!