I had a few things I wanted to mention and separate posts about each didn't seem warranted so here it is:
3 days left!
The SXSW 2007 Interactive Pass Contest was off to a strong start with a bunch of really good entries. It should be fun coming up with a winner. My wife will be assisting in the judging so who knows what direction the final results will lean towards! Remember, the deadline is this Friday night at midnight and I'll announce the winner on Monday morning.
It's been a couple months with the new design and I'm still really happy with it. I've been tweaking things from time to time but I feel like I've got a solid base to build off of. No major changes planned at this point.
Things that have changed since the Reboot:
- tweaked the typography; I set everything to a vertical rhythm, at least for the article. Plus, I went with Georgia for headings which just felt more comfortable than using Arial.
- added the view all comments feature; I've already talked about that.
- the category now appears under the article title.
- added a Linked Up feature which allows me to associate links with a page without disturbing the feed. Handy for Digg and Delicious links but I'm also using them for related links like Amazon links for book reviews. I like it because I can add them after an article has gone live without it appearing as unread or updated to feed subscribers.
- added advertising. I actually had someone compliment me on how well they were integrated. It was nice to hear that.
Just kidding! You've no doubt left your delurking comments elsewhere so don't worry about coming out of the closet here. This is apparently a full delurking week, though. Who knew? If you do feel obliged to delurk anyways, feel free to share with everybody a little bit about yourself and what you do.
I've begun getting some basic ideas together on what to do for a podcast, getting closer to actually getting something off the ground. My question to you is, what would you like to hear in such a podcast? Keep in mind that my intention is to keep them under 15 minutes. If I do interviews, for example, they'll likely be a more succint and/or edited to keep the pace up.
I still have plenty of things in the queue to post about. If you have anything you'd like to see, let me know.